Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cows Galore


Instead of going to the hospital this morning, we walked to an orphanage called "Zapatitos". It's an all boys orphanage and we were volunteered as tributes to paint three of the rooms. It was a dirty task--literally--but definitely worth it and very fun. For now, the walls just got painted to white and next week we'll return to (hopefully) paint a mural on one of the walls in each of the rooms. When painting the room that I was in today, there were two boys talking to us. We asked them what they wanted on their walls and they said "los pingüinos y las jirafas" (penguins and giraffes). I'm so excited to return next week and use my creativity!

There was one little boy named Josué [hos-'way] and he just loved hanging onto us. He was about two years old. We probably saw his butt more than we cared to... but he didn't mind. He continued to let his pants fall down. I think it just made him cuter. There were also two baby wiener dogs that I cuddled with and they were so adorable. They just sat in my lap and slept. One of the boys tried taking him from me. But I said that he already was holding one and I wanted to hold him longer. The boy just stared at me and I walked away. I probably should act my age...

Naturally, all of the kids at "Zapatitos" were really cute. However, on the way there, and on the way back, there were...COWS! For those of you who might not know this, cows are my favorite animal. And seeing them in their natural habitats was wonderful. They were all super cute. ...once you got past the smell. For me, when I think of South America, I think of llamas and alpacas (which I still have not seen). So seeing cows makes up for the lack of llama/alpaca. My friend Bethany from Seattle shares my love for cows. Here's a picture of the two of us close to two baby cows:


Have a MOOvelous day (:


No comments:

Post a Comment