Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WOW!

Day 2 in Bolivia and it has been an incredible adventure so far:

Communicating with the Bolivians has been harder than I had expected it to be and has been somewhat discouraging. But that's one of the reasons I am here--to improve my Spanish. At moments it seems as if they don't want to communicate with the volunteers and I sometimes feel like a burden to them. I'm trying to open myself up and initiate the conversations without solely relying on them to do so. Once the conversation starts, all is well--it's just finding the courage to do so.

Today I worked with the pediatrician and had the opportunity to scrub in on a c-section. MIND BLOWING. I had no idea it was possible for me to see any operation at all because I'm not a medical student. It was incredible and I feel extremely blessed to have been able to witness such a miracle!

This afternoon we're going to the orphanage to work with the kids and who knows what the rest of the week will have in store...

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment